Rafay is seeking a high-performing, problem solver and innovator to join our growing support team as a Technical Support Engineer. You will work closely with Rafay’s world-class customers to troubleshoot and solve issues across the latest cloud-native technologies, integrations and native Rafay platform. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of networking, public cloud, and virtualization platforms.
You will work closely with the Rafay Customer Success and Engineering teams to deliver solutions to complex issues, all the while delivering best-in-class support to our customers. If you are a self-motivated team player who is eager to learn and can change direction quickly, we encourage you to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review, troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical issues raised by Rafay customers
- Respond to customer issues within documented Service Level Agreements, while managing customer expectations and understanding potential business impact to the customer
- Reproduce customer reported issues and accurately report product defects and feature requests to the product team
- Act as the customer advocate and escalate issues as necessary to expedite solutions and outcomes
- Become a subject matter expert on the Rafay platform, and stay up to date on new features and releases
- Create knowledge base articles for internal and external audiences
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Participate in on-call rotation for urgent customer escalations, including some weekends
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex technical topics
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (network communications, virtualization platforms (vSphere, Open Stack), and public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc)
- Prior customer support experience and use of customer support tools (Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the CNCF technology landscape, and ability to quickly learn new technologies and solutions.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) a plus
- Ability to work under pressure