The Sales Director is a significant driver of company revenue and growth. As an experienced and dynamic sales professional, you’re responsible for leading sales strategy and driving sales engagements. You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding the company’s sales goals by crafting and implementing strategic territory plans with a small team of account executives. This is a unique opportunity for a closer with a go-getter mentality to ensure personal success.
Because Rafay is at the forefront of Kubernetes technology, a highly driven individual will find themself in a unique position to have a massive impact on the market and on Rafay products. We hold high expectations for ourselves and challenge team members to continually improve upon their high-calibre execution; we will expect the same from our sales leadership.
Who We are
Rafay Systems delivers a SaaS-first, enterprise-grade Kubernetes management platform that enables companies to deploy and operate modern applications across data centers, public cloud and edge environments. The platform, called the Managed Kubernetes Platform (MKP), has been built from the ground up for enterprise-class scalability, security, interoperability and is combined with expert services & support. We work hard, inspired by passion for our product and are always challenging ourselves to reach further and achieve more. We have recently introduced our approach to Kubernetes management on a global scale and are on an exciting trajectory.
- Perform high-level sales planning, forecast revenues timely and accurately, increase revenue & retention rates by prospecting for new business and within key accounts
- Manage a small team of high-performing sales representatives distributed across the United States
- Engage a programmatic approach for target accounts and demand to generate, develop, and expand your territory
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak intimately to their needs and requirements
- Bring to bear all cross-functional resources to achieve your quota: SDRs, Solution Architects, technology partnerships, marketing, execs, investors, etc.
- Have the desire, interest and aptitude to grow in the role to a senior leadership position; demonstrate this capability by sharing best practices across the company, while mentoring and coaching SDRs and account executives
- Represent Rafay Systems with integrity, maintain industry credibility, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years Sales experience in the field
- Domain expertise in DevOps, DevSecOps, virtualization, microservices, containers, Kubernetes, security, and/or cloud native landscape
- Is able to lead all aspects of the sales cycle with the ability to uncover, qualify, mature, and close new, white-space territories and accounts
- Experience driving action and selling through channel partners
- Possess a successful track record selling complex-solutions directly to mid-market customers
- Excellent time management skills, and work with high levels of autonomy and self-direction
- Highly competitive, ramps quickly, is extremely adaptive, and prides themself on exceeding production goals