We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer who can make significant contributions to the design and development of the backbone of our multi-tenant SaaS Kubernetes Management platform for a multi cloud environment. Rafay is at the forefront of Kubernetes technology and we offer unique opportunities to develop new technology and to be part of a team that encourages positive change through outside-of-the-box thinking. We hold high expectations for ourselves and challenge team members to continually seek improvement. Rafay offers opportunities to work in a collaborative environment that rewards creative thinking and provides opportunities to advance professional careers in advanced technology development. As the first of our kind, we are truly in a class of our own.
Who We are
Rafay Systems delivers a SaaS-first, enterprise-grade Kubernetes management platform that enables companies to deploy and operate modern applications across data centers, public cloud and edge environments. The platform, called the Managed Kubernetes Platform (MKP), has been built from the ground up for enterprise-class scalability, security, interoperability and is combined with expert services & support. We work hard, inspired by passion for our product and are always challenging ourselves to reach further and achieve more. We have recently introduced our approach to Kubernetes management on a global scale and are on an exciting trajectory.
- Design and Implement core architectural components for some of the most critical infrastructure services of a multi-tenant distributed SaaS platform
- Build highly modular and scalable components and services for the platform
- Perform R&D, feasibility analysis on latest technologies and newer versions of frameworks and libraries on an ongoing basis
- Assist operations and solutions teams with deployment and stability of production systems
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders including product management, UI designers and QA
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 to 8 years of experience in building backend APIs for large enterprise applications
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages Java, Python or Golang
- Strong understanding of distributed systems fundamentals, high availability and scalability principles
- Strong knowledge of principles of good API design
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Strong Problem Solver and quick learner on design solutions to complex engineering problems
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience developing services on a public cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Practical knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes is a plus