Rafay’s Solution Architecture Team is composed of hands-on architects who work closely with our customers to architect and design systems using the latest, cloud native technologies. Our fast growing team is looking for a customer-focused solutions architect to partner with our sales and customer success teams.
You will possess experience working at fast-moving companies in the tech industry; customer facing skills that will allow you to represent Rafay within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel. You will have a strong technical background that will enable you to interact and provide guidance to developers, architects, DevOps personnel and SREs.
You will build a trusted technical advisor relationship with prospects and customers through education, presentation, demonstration, and proof-of-concept of Rafay’s market leading Kubernetes Operations platform. The work is ambitious, stimulating and you will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology in the cloud native space.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the sales and customer success teams help customers understand the value of Rafay’s market leading Kubernetes Operations Platform.
- Understand customer requirements for specific use cases and help them design architectures and solutions using Rafay’s Kubernetes Operations Platform.
- Understand customer technical objections and work with the sales and customer success teams to develop strategies to resolve them.
- Work hands-on with customer’s developers, SREs and DevOps personnel to ensure they are using the Rafay Kubernetes Operations Platform effectively.
- Build and deliver presentations, demos and proof-of-concepts to demonstrate the use of Rafay with key partners/technologies in the CNCF Landscape
- Communicate customer technical requirements to Rafay’s product and engineering teams; be the customer advocate for the product roadmap.
- Be the technical point of contact for prospective customers, and have the ability to both advise and troubleshoot in complex technical environments.
- Represent Rafay at trade shows, and craft technical content to present at conferences, meetups, and local events.
- Travel to customer sites and events as required
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex technical topics, and deliver effective technical presentations.
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development, engineering, operations, or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, containers, virtualization (vSphere, OpenStack) and public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc)
- Familiarity with the CNCF technology landscape, and ability to quickly learn new technologies and solutions.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) preferred