Rafay’s Solution Architecture Team is composed of hands-on architects who work closely with our customers to architect and design systems using the latest, cloud-native technologies. Our fast-growing team is looking for a customer-focused solutions architect to partner with our sales and customer success teams.
You will possess experience working at fast-moving companies in the tech industry; customer-facing skills that will allow you to represent Rafay within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel. You will have a strong technical background that will enable you to interact and provide guidance to developers, architects, DevOps personnel and SREs.
You will build a trusted technical advisor relationship with prospects and customers through education, presentation, demonstration, and proof-of-concept of Rafay’s market-leading Kubernetes Operations platform. The work is ambitious, stimulating and you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology in the cloud-native space.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the sales and customer success teams to help customers understand the value of Rafay’s market-leading Kubernetes Operations Platform.
- Understand customer requirements for specific use cases and help them design architectures and solutions using Rafay’s Kubernetes Operations Platform.
- Understand customer technical objections and work with the sales and customer success teams to develop strategies to resolve them.
- Work hands-on with customer’s developers, SREs and DevOps personnel to ensure they are using the Rafay Kubernetes Operations Platform effectively.
- Build and deliver presentations, demos and proofs-of-concept to demonstrate the use of Rafay with key partners/technologies in the CNCF Landscape
- Communicate customer technical requirements to Rafay’s product and engineering teams; be the customer advocate for the product roadmap.
- Be the technical point of contact for prospective customers, and have the ability to both advise and troubleshoot in complex technical environments.
- Represent Rafay at trade shows, and craft technical content to present at conferences, meetups, and local events.
- Travel to customer sites and events as required
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex technical topics, and deliver effective technical presentations.
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development, engineering, operations, or equivalent role
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Docker, containers, virtualization (vSphere, OpenStack) and public cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, etc)
- Familiarity with the CNCF technology landscape, and ability to quickly learn new technologies and solutions.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) preferred