Rafay Systems delivers a SaaS-first, enterprise-grade Kubernetes Operations Platform that enables companies to deploy and operate modern infrastructure and applications across data centers, public cloud and edge environments. The platform manages the full life-cycle of your Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications in a single, easy to use, integrated platform. The platform has been built from the ground up for enterprise-class automation, security, governance ,visibility, interoperability and is combined with expert services & support. We work hard, inspired by passion for our product and are always challenging ourselves to reach further and achieve more.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Software Engineer who can make significant contributions to the design and development of the backbone of our multi-tenant SaaS Kubernetes Operations Platform for a multi cloud environment. Rafay is at the forefront of Kubernetes technology and we offer unique opportunities to develop new technology and to be part of a team that encourages positive change through outside-of-the-box thinking. We hold high expectations for ourselves and challenge team members to continually seek improvement. Rafay offers opportunities to work in a collaborative environment that rewards creative thinking and provides opportunities to advance professional careers in advanced technology development. As the first of our kind, we are truly in a class of our own.
- Design and Implement core architectural components for some of the most critical platform services of a multi-tenant distributed SaaS platform
- Build highly modular and scalable components and services for the platform
- Perform R&D, feasibility analysis on latest technologies and newer versions of frameworks and libraries on an ongoing basis
- Assist operations and solutions teams with deployment and stability of production systems
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders including product management, UI designers and QA
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in building backend APIs for large enterprise applications
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages Golang, Python
- Strong understanding of distributed systems fundamentals, high availability and scalability principles
- Strong knowledge of principles of good API design
- Experience developing Micro-services
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure is a strong plus.
- Strong Problem Solver and quick learner on design solutions to complex engineering problems
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience developing services on a public cloud platform (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Practical knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP) and standard network architectures.
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes is a plus